Friday, August 24, 2007

Who's got the rings?



2.20pm - or there abouts, as I am not wearing a watch and have lost all concept of time, all I know is I feel sick with nerves and just want to burst into tears. We arrived at the Register office, after a lovely ride in Laurences Jaguar.

A few photographs are taken......................

And then the bombshell! Elaine is running out of the register office towards us in the rain, 'theres a small problem, it's O.K he is here, but they have forgotten the rings!' and before I have time to react, she reassures me there are solutions - we can either go ahead with borrowed rings, or the Registrar is happy to wait as we are the last wedding of the day, Jude and Pippa are already making a mad dash back to Hemel Hempstead to pick the rings up.

It only takes me a moment to think and decide I wouldn't feel right getting married without our own rings - so wait we did.

For many reasons I am glad I did, it was such fun watching the late arrival guests running like mad things past the car, then stopping in their tracks and turning round with big grins and waving madly at me! A lot of people got a sneak preview of me, before they should have.

My Mum had followed us with 2 of the bridesmaids (eldest daughter and youngest daughter) and the youngest fell asleep in the car on the way - a 10 minute journey - wow she must have been so overwhelmed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: